The following information is quoted from the Johns Hopkins Thyroid Tumor Center.
Which foods should be avoided in a low-iodine diet?
Iodine-rich foods that should be avoided in a low-iodine diet include:– Iodized salt or sea salt
– Seafood, including fish, shellfish and seaweed
– Dairy products, including milk, cheese, ice cream and yogurt
– Bread products made with iodate
– Foods containing Red Dye Number 3
– Prepared food products that contain iodides, algin, alginates, carrageen or agar
This could indeed explain why I cannot eat eggs or dairy and why when I eat too much fish I feel funny or worse. On a positive note, I ate a couple of tomatoes today and had no reaction to them. So that was nice!
I am wondering if Laura is sensitive, because she gets horrible excema when she eats eggs and dairy (as I do).
Praise the Lord! I think we are getting to the bottom of things! I will have some better info to take with me to the rheumatologist on Friday–God’s timing is perfect, of course.