Everyday, people find my blog because they are looking for information on the connection between fluoride and thyroid problems. On one hand, it is nice to know I am not alone, while on the other I am sorry that anyone else has to go through this.
If you are dealing with this problem, I want to encourage you that you can get better. There is hope! Just avoiding fluoride will alleviate your symptoms, even while your body is healing.
Please read the other posts under the Fluoride Poisoning category, if you think you may have F poisoning. There are several links to information that should help you. If the fluoride has caused thyroid problems, the advice I was given was to take the thyroid medication.
As a follow-up to the Detoxing from Fluoride part I post, I want to share some methods for getting toxins out of your body that are gentle and inexpensive.
- Daily dry brushing promotes lymph drainage, which rids your body of wastes. It is easy to do, and only takes a few minutes. Directions can be found here (I am not endorsing the other info on this site). Drink a lot of water after dry brushing so the loosened toxins will not be reabsorbed by your body.
- Avoid the chemicals that bother you, drink plenty of pure water (add some fresh lemon juice to it) and exercise daily–this will naturally allow your body to eliminate toxins.
- Sweat. Don’t be afraid of it. Those of us who avoid sweating lose out on one of the most effective ways God has given us to detox. For more info on this visit Connie’s Detox. She is a friend of a friend. She recommends dry heat sauna. This technique involves exercising for 30 minutes, taking a calcium/magnesium supplement (these minerals bind with the toxins, helping your body eliminate them), sitting in the sauna for an hour while drinking water, and then showering and resting. She only recommends this for adults. For children, and those who don’t have access to a sauna, she recommends:
- Detox baths. Exercise for 30 minutes, take the cal/mag, drink water, I like to do the dry brushing also, then soak in a filtered bath for 20 minutes 3 times a week (shower and wash with soap after the bath). To the water add 1-2 cups of epsom salts (which are a form of magnesium–this pulls toxins out through the skin) and 1 TBS yarrow and 1 TBS comfrey (I steep these in hot water before I add them to the bath). The yarrow makes you sweat and the comfrey draws out toxins. (Do not eat comfrey as it can cause internal bleeding). The epsom salts bath will work without the herbs, but the herbs do make it more effective. I ordered my herbs from the San Francisco Herb Company, and there are other companies that sell organic herbs; you might be able to get them in your local health food store. After doing a sauna or detox bath, you will notice bloating and will feel pretty yucky. But after a while you will feel better than you did before you did the detox. Connie used the detox bath to heal her son of pesticide poisoning. It took several months, because it is very gentle, but it did work.
- Do not eat sugar or refined foods while healing, as this can cause other problems that will hinder the healing process, including yeast overgrowth. A little bit of honey once in a while is fine, as is stevia.
- I take a cal/mag powder supplement daily, to which I add a dash of stevia and a slice of organic lemon.
- You don’t need to spend a lot of money on supplements or colon cleanse products. An inexpensive one you might add is alpha-lipoic acid. This helps with heavy metal detoxification. Milk thistle and dandelion are wonderful liver cleansers. Get plenty of vitamin C and calcium.
- According to a nutritionist I talked to who has also been through fluoride poisoning, cancer and thyroid disease and has gotten better, good choices for F poisoning or if you have multiple chemical sensitivity are clean (organic, free-range, grass-fed) animal protein sources, organic fruits and vegetables (if you are like me, you cannot tolerate the least amount of fluoride or pesticides–eat only organic), cultured (probiotic) foods like sauerkraut, yogurt, kefir (dairy should be made from unhomogenized organic whole milk from cows that eat grass and hay). Omega 3’s are important and are found in fish oils, flaxseed oil and greens. At first I could not eat dairy because it contains iodine. Fluoride displaces iodine in your body, so my body thought it was getting too much iodine even though it wasn’t. I avoided high iodine foods for a while, including fish and dairy, but now that I am detoxing I’ve been able to eat yogurt, a tiny amount of butter, and fish occasionally. If a food bothers you, avoid it for a while then try again.
- An herb I am going to try for my autoimmune conditions is Astragalus tincture. I have not tried it yet, but it is supposedly effective at healing the immune system. Reported to be safe over 1,000s of years of use. I mention it so you can research it. Gaia Herbs has a few versions of this in tincture form. You can also make tea from the roots. I do have some of that and it is mild tasting.
- Most importantly, ask God to heal you. And I am not talking about an impersonal force but the living and true God who made you and knows exactly what is going wrong with your body and what needs fixed. My greatest need, and your greatest need, is to have our sins forgiven so we can have a relationship with God. Even if I had perfect health, but did not know God, my life would be meaningless. You may not think you are a sinner, but the Bible says that “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”. If we think we don’t need God then we have commited the worst sin of all, because “the greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.” He loves us even though we deserve His wrath, and sent His son Jesus to die in our place so we could be forgiven and serve the Lord forever. What a blessing this is. I am so thankful for God’s cleansing work in my life, and that is why I share it with you.
I hope these ideas help you to heal. God bless you!